Northeastern OB/GYN provides minor gynecologic procedures with monitored anesthesia care (MAC) in the office. This avoids the need of hospitalization and the use of the operating room. Our patients, who utilize this option, save significant cost and time. Some of the procedures that can be performed in the office include:
- This procedure allows the physician to view the inside of the uterus using a small hysteroscope and camera.
Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- This is often done with Hysteroscopy and obtains tissue from inside the uterus to be evaluated.
- Theses simple and safe procedures are done to destroy the lining of the uterus. This results in decreased menstrual bleeding and some patients may never have another period.
- Northeastern OB-GYN offers the following three different endometrial ablations in the office (ask your provider which one is best for you):
- Novasure (for more info click here - cool video here)
- Minerva (for more info click here - cool videos here)
- Her Option (for more info click here - cool video )
- Essure is a permanent form of birth control with no incisions (for more info click here)
- It is done through the vagina using a hysteroscope.
- Loop Electrical Excision Procedure (LEEP) is done for the diagnosis and treatment of abnormal cervical cells.
- Can be done with or without monitored anesthesia care (MAC)
Intrauterine Device (IUD) Removal
- Infrequently IUDs can become malpositioned with time. Office hysteroscopy is an easy procedure that can help remove a malpositioned IUD.
Talk to your Northeastern OB/GYN provider to see if these procedures are a good option for you.