Northeastern Ob Gyn Gynecology Services
Well Woman Exams
- Annual Exams
- Cervical Cancer Screening: Pap smears; colposcopy; LEEP; and cervical conization.
- Sexual Transmitted Disease Testing
Abnormal Menstrual Bleeding
- Menstrual Bleeding is it: too frequent (period less than 21 days apart), too much, or too long (periods for more than 5 days)?
- Diagnostic Evaluation: examination; lab evaluation, gynecologic ultrasound, endometrial biopsy, diagnostic laparoscopy
- Endometrial Ablations:
- Novasure (more info here)
- Thermachoice (more info here)
- Her Option (more info here)
- Endometrial ablations can be done in the office with anesthesia that might provide significant savings for the patient (more info here)
- Different approaches for different patients
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- "Vaginal Hysterectomy is the approach of choice whenever feasible, based on its well-documented advantages and lower complication rates." American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists - reaffirmed 2011.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Diagnostic Evaluations: examination; gynecologic ultrasound; Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Birth Control Pills / Patches (Ortho Evra) / Rings (Nuva Ring)
- Implantabales - Nexplanon (more info here)
- Intrauterine Devices (IUDs): Mirena (more info here); Liletta (more info here); Skyla (more info here); Paraguard (more info here).
- Hysteroscopic Tubal Occlusion/ Sterilization - Essure (more info here).
- Essure can be done safely in the office with anesthesia that might provide significant savings for the patient (more info here).
- Laparoscopic Tubal Ligation - also known as "getting my tubes tied"
- Diagnostic Evaluations: examinations; lab evaluations; gynecologic ultrasounds, hysterosalpingograms (HSGs); diagnostic laparoscopy
- Co-management with Reproductive Endocrinology - Jones Institute of Reproductive Medicine (more info click here)
Miscarriage / Pregnancy Loss
- Diagnostic Evaluations: examinations; lab evaluations; and gynecologic ultrasounds
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Medical Management
Pelvic Support Problems
- Uterine Prolapse - uterus dropping into the vagina
- Cystocele - bladder prolapse - sometimes associated with urinary incontinence.
- Rectocele - rectum pushing into the vagina
- Vaginal Vault Prolapse
- Surgical Repairs: Anterior Colporrhaphy ("bladder tack"); Posterior Colporrhaphy, Hysterectomy
- Pessaries - a device placed into the vagina to help with pelvic support
- Diagnostic Evaluations: examinations, lab evaluations, urine analysis and cultures
- Multi-channel Urodynamic Evaluations - Lumax
- Sling Placement